“Nasi Goreng” which literally means “fried rice” in Indonesian. This popular dish is usually cooked with a whole egg. Various meat, fish and veg can be added, vegan or vegetarian versions can also be made. I made this version with black rice. Which is a delicious, highly nutritious and great form of carbohydrates.
Pre-cooked rice can be used, to save time after training. As with most of BFT recipes please feel free to change some of the ingredients to suit your taste, diet or even just what you have in the fridge.
- Pork marinade: pork steak, soy sauce, ground black pepper, chilli powder, ginger powder, ground cumin, balsamic vinegar.
- Half cup of black rice
- 1 egg
- Coconut oil
- 1/3 cloves of garlic (chopped/grated)
- thumb sized piece of ginger (chopped/grated)
- Spring onion
- Chopped Corriander
- Carrot salad: 1/2 carrots, Sesame seeds, Olive oil, Squeeze of orange
How to do it?
- Cut the pork into chunks and add all marinade ingredients and mix thoroughly, then put in the fridge. I do this same time as I cooked the rice. In the morning or before I go to class.
- put the rice in a pan of water, boil until cooked and drain
- fry the pork until cooked through and remove from pan
- crack an egg in the pan, also add the rice and garlic plus the ginger
- To make the carrot salad. Add all ingredients in a bowl and mix
- Serve the rice mixture in a bowl and add a bit of carrot salad, if you have chopped fresh coriander and chopped spring onion on the top.